Florida Corporations FAQs
General FAQs about forming corporations in Florida
- Why should I be incorporating in Florida? - Incorporating in Florida has many benefits
- Where should I incorporate? - A corporation is not required to incorporate in the state where it is located
- Do I need an attorney to incorporate in Florida? - No. You can incorporate your Florida corporation.
- Do I need to have a Florida registered agent? - Every Florida corporation needs a registered agent.
- What are the steps for incorporating in Florida? - There are a few key steps involved when incorporating in Florida.
- Is my company name protected by incorporation? - Incorporating your company name offers very limited protection. Consider registering a trademark.
- What will I need to do to maintain my Florida incorporation? - There are a number of requirements in order to maintain an active corporation in Florida.
- What is a Federal Tax Identification Number? - The EIN is assigned by the federal government and not the state.
- How many shares should I authorize when forming a Florida corporation? - There is no minimum number of shares that must be authorized
- How do I issue shares of my Florida corporation's stock? - Information about stock shares and forming a Florida corporation.
- What is the difference between Florida C corporations and Florida S corporations? - What is the difference between Florida C corporations and Florida S corporations?